AmeriCorps VISTA Member
|Duration||12 Months||Commitment||40 hrs / wk|
|# of Open Positions||1||Work Site||In-office (Downtown Sacramento, CA)|
|Start Date||8/14/2023||Rate||$62.69 / day (bi-weekly stipend)|
Are you interested in learning about non-profit management, supporting educational initiatives and strengthening your community? Your year of service will focus on technology systems management. The role offers many opportunities to engage with volunteers and build your own skill sets while playing a key capacity-building role with our program.
Who are we looking for:
- Position is ideal for new grad or someone looking for nonprofit manager experience
- Availability Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm, with an understanding this is a one year commitment
- Skills: Writing, Research and Leadership
AmeriCorps VISTA stands for Volunteers in Service to America. As an AmeriCorps member you will:
- Receive a bi-weekly living allowance of $877.66 (full 14 days of service)
- Serve on a full time (40 hours per week) basis for one year
- Be eligible for a Segal Education Award to help pay off student loans or current educational expenses OR $1,800 cash award upon end of service.
- Be eligible to receive healthcare benefits and child-care assistance
- Have non-competitive eligibility for employment in federal agencies
Learn more about other AmeriCorps VISTA benefits here.
- Be 18 years or older.
- High school diploma / GED
- Pass a national service criminal history check.
- Hold one of the following statuses: US Citizen, LPR, refugee, asylee, DACA, or TPS.
Submit your resume/cover letter to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
I had the most unforgettable experience working with this program. I got to connect and listen to the stories of so many people during an isolating year. I got to work with a team that worked tirelessly to create the best experience for their volunteers. The Experience Corps Sacramento program does impactful work that makes a difference in its volunteers and students. It was a pleasure working with this team and learning from them. I highly recommend this program because you get to wear different hats, experience the difference you make, and work with a team dedicated to helping their community.Elizabeth A., Previous VISTA Member