Thank you for your interest in the Center!
Program Manager (Full-Time)
|Department||Expanded Learning||Work Site||On-Site|
|Employment Start Date||Until Filled||Range||$18 to $25 (Depending on DISTRICT and experience.)|
SCCSC provides dependent care services to students in the community. These services ensure essential workers can continue to work throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
II. General Purpose
The Program Manager is responsible for providing dynamic and effective leadership to an Expanded Learning Program. This is an operational position with specific annual goals that require attention to detail, daily operational involvement, and excellent communication and customer service skills. This position collaborates with the Coordinator in the development and execution of the annual site program plan and will ensure that the site operating budget for the program is properly managed.
The Program Manager will supervise the day-to-day operations of the program in cooperation with the Coordinator while supporting the mission and values of Sacramento Chinese Community Service Center (the Center).
III. Reporting and Supervisory Relationships
This position reports to the Coordinator and may have up to ten direct report Team Leaders.
IV. Core Essential Functions
The Program Manager is required to: provide excellent leadership, management, and direction to staff through an in-person and virtual format at a particular school site.
- Communicate regularly with the Coordinator on all issues related to the effective operation of the program and assure that programming is in full compliance with all Center and school district policies and procedures; as well as federal, state, local and accreditation regulations, requirements and/or criteria.
- Manage programs to guarantee it meets the Center’s, school district, SCOE and CDE goals and objectives including enrollment, retention, completion, placement, instructor qualifications, and family satisfaction.
- Intentionally build collaborative partnerships essential to the Center and its strategic plan.
- Collaborate with Coordinator to ensure campus meets financial goals including expenses and payroll.
- Support regular communication with stakeholders to engage them in the after school program and build youth success.
- Communicate any potential high risk employee/student issues to the Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Make recommendations of annual plans including fiscal budgets for programs that include professional development, curriculum and expenses to Coordinator.
- Assist in the identification of employees at his/her campus for future leadership positions at the Center.
- Submit required and/or requested reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participate in the selection, motivation, and evaluation of qualified and competent academic and other employees.
- Inventory and monitor the regular maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Ensure all work spaces are clean and in good repair.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training.
- Assure all Human Resources policies are implemented properly and followed consistently.
- Treat all employees fairly, equitably, and with respect and dignity.
V. Essential Functions Specific to Work Site or Department (See Section I.)
Provide focus and practical experiences at the campus, allowing employees to excel in the performance of their jobs and deliver outstanding service with consistency. The Program Manager has the day-to-day operational responsibility to deliver results for his/her assigned campus while maintaining compliance with all school district, SCOE, CDE and the Center policies, federal, state, local and accreditation guidelines.
VI. Non-Essential Functions
Other duties as assigned.
VII. Job Specifications
- Preferred minimum of an earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. (Preferred, but not required.)
- At least 1 year of youth development or Team Leader experience or as a manager for a division of an organization.
- Demonstrated success in fiscal management required.
- Ability to manage a team that delivers results.
- Effectiveness in fostering collaboration among team members and providing dynamic leadership focused on student success, and a commitment to excellent customer service.
- Proven, excellent interpersonal communication and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated success working with local communities and key external constituency groups.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus!
VIII. Working Conditions
The typical work environment is located at a school campus.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.